Lappeenranta – at the Crossroad of Europe, Russia, the Baltic Region, in Finland – the hub between Europe and Asia, is hosting the 21st EBN annual Congress & the 3d EU-Russia Innovation Forum, from 13 to 15 June 2012 (www.ebncongress.eu). Discover 10 good reasons why Lappeenranta is the place to be!
- The EBN annual congress is THE place to be in Europe, once a year, if you are involved on any aspects of incubation, entrepreneurship, start-ups, spin-offs, innovation, clustering, regional & local economic development, collaborative projects and international networking.
- A series of 4 plenary sessions and 16 workshops will cover strategic matters such as: International Soft-landing, Business Acceleration, Early-stage Financing, New Trends in Clustering, EU-Collaborative projects, Open Innovation with large Corporations, Mentoring & Coaching, Higher Education, and International Research Cooperation, Smart Specialization Strategies. And a selection of inspiring professionals from Eindhoven, Sophia-Antipolis, Helsinki, Nantes, Nottingham, Porto, Flanders, Lahti, Trieste, Coventry, Brussels, Tampere, London, Stockholm, Kotka-Kouvola, Rhone-Alpes, etc
- Several specialized workshops on specific sectors: Energy Markets, Green Energy, Green & smart Cities, Nanotechnologies, Transport & Logistics, Mobile applications, Digital Content, and Space & Satellite apps. And a selection of Innovation champions from Microsoft, Fortum, Cisco, Philips, Telefonica, Kamaz, …)
- A zoom on best-in-class innovation players in Finland and Russia, with speakers from Top-players and Top-universities (Aalto Univ., Technopolis Ventures, Moscow State Univ., Lappeenranta Univ. of Techn., Academy of Finland, St-Petersburg State Polytechnic Univ., Russian Academy of Sciences, Rusnano, Spinverse, Skolkovo Foundation, Technopark Idea Kazan, Academpark Novosibirsk, …). Moreover, a delegation of best innovation performers and economic decision-makers from Tatarstan will demonstrate the emergence of Innovative regions in the Russia federation
- Confirmed presence of prestigious personalities, such as Nobel Prize winner Zhorev Alferov (Physics, 2000), the Minister of Economy of Finland Jyri Hakamies, President of FASIE Ivan Bortnik, High-representatives of the European Commission and of OECD, the Executive VP of Angry Birds, the CEO of the Taiwan SME Agency Robert Lai, the Head of Tech Transfer of the European Space Agency (ESA) Frank Salzgeber, The Presidents of the European Living Labs network and of Business Angels Networks, etc
- A zoom on what’s best going on outside Europe, and particularly in America (Silicon Valley, Baltimore, Toronto, …), in mainland China (Chengdu, Wuxi, …), in South Korea and in Taiwan. A Taiwanese delegation of best-in-class Incubators and innovative start-ups will be there coming from the famous ITRI Research Centre, and from Taipei, Hsinshu, Nankang, Tainan, Zhongzheng, Kaohsiung.
- On Day 2 (Thursday 14th June), a B2B matchmaking event (“MoneyTalks”) will enable delegates to meet potential partners for making business! And on Day 3 (Friday 15th June), it’s the Clusters day with a selection of most experienced clusters managers, but it’s also award time, for celebrating the best Young entrepreneur and the best International Soft-landing Incubator!
- Lappeenranta is easier and cheaper to reach than you might think: direct flights to Helsinki (+ 2 hours direct train) or to Copenhagen (+ low cost flight) or to Riga (+ low cost flight). The selected hotels are very nice, comfortable and afordable !
- Lappeenranta and Finland in the mid-summer is a unique experience and a way to discover beautiful natural Finland, its lakes, and its nature. Plus St-Petersburg for the Week-end if you wish!
- Congress venue is on Campus of the Lappeenranta University of Technology (www.lut.fi) which is reserved for you, one of the expected 600 delegates. The organizing team from WIRMA (City of Lappeenranta), LUT (the University) and EBN (Your European Network)
So do not miss this opportunity to come over to a full program to discuss projects, business opportunity, accreditation, collaboration, soft-landing, events, anything…